Dr. Groff joined Long Island Laparoscopic Doctors in the fall of 2018 after completing his residency and fellowship. He was born in Ohio and grew up there with his family. He then went to college in West Virginia and graduated with a bachelor’s of science in Biochemistry and went to medical school at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. He then moved to the east end of long Island and completed an internship at Southampton Hospital where he met his wife and started his family. He completed a general surgery residency at Stony Brook Medicine, Southampton Hospital. Dr. Groff then went on to a fellowship in trauma/critical care surgery at the University of Connecticut, Hartford Hospital. Here he completed several specialized training courses in trauma surgery and was active in resident education. Dr. Groff returned to Long Island where he joined Long Island Laparoscopic Doctorssm.
When not administering to his medical duties he enjoys spending time with his family. He is married to a fellow physician and they have two young children together. Together they enjoy the outdoors and physical fitness.
Hospital and Professional Affiliations
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- John T. Mather Hospital – Port Jefferson, NY
- St. Charles Hospital and Rehabilitation Center – Port Jefferson, NY
- St. Catherine’s of Siena Medical Center – Smithtown, NY
- Peconic Bay Medical Center – Riverhead, NY
- Port Jefferson Surgery Center