Is Weight Loss Surgery in Port Jefferson, NY Right for You?
While non-surgical weight loss options — such as the ORBERA gastric balloon or nutritional counseling — may work for some people, others need more help to jumpstart their weight loss journeys. The best way to figure out if you should get the best weight loss surgery Port Jefferson, NY has to offer is to speak with our team at Long Island Laparoscopic Doctors. You can also attend our in-person seminars or watch our online webinars to find out more about surgical procedures for weight loss.
When you come to the weight loss surgeons Port Jefferson, NY residents rely on, we will help you determine if you’re a good candidate for weight loss surgery. In general, you would qualify for and benefit from weight loss surgery if the following criteria apply to you:
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You’re overweight by 80 pounds or more (as determined by your BMI)
- You’ve been overweight for over five years
- You don’t have other conditions that could have caused your excess weight
- You’re mentally and physically prepared to make healthy changes to your lifestyle and eating habits
- You’ve only seen short-term success with other serious weight loss attempts
If you meet these criteria, then you should speak with our team at Long Island Laparoscopic Doctors for an official consultation. We’ll give you more information about the different surgeries, such as the gastric bypass procedure and the gastric sleeve procedure, as well as non-surgical options. We’ll also find out more about your current health, medical history, and weight loss goals.
Are you ready to get the help of the top weight loss surgeons in Port Jefferson, NY? Contact Long Island Laparoscopic Doctors today and we’ll help you figure out which procedure is right for you and get you started on your journey.