Are You a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery in Stony Brook, NY?
At Long Island Laparoscopic Doctors, we offer surgical and non-surgical options for weight loss. Our non-surgical methods include nutrition counseling, a prescription weight loss program, and the ORBERA gastric balloon. These are typically best for those who do not need to lose as much weight. Surgical options, such as gastric bypass and gastric sleeve procedures, can give those who need to lose more weight the jumpstart they need.
To determine whether you’re a candidate for the weight loss surgery Stony Brook, NY residents rely on for long-lasting results, you’ll first need to speak with our team at Long Island Laparoscopic Doctors. You can also find out more about what bariatric procedures involve with our online webinars and in-person seminars.
While every case is different, the general criteria to qualify for and benefit from weight loss surgery include:
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You’re overweight by 80 pounds or more (as determined by your BMI)
- You’ve been overweight for over five years
- You’re mentally and physically prepared to make healthy changes to your lifestyle and eating habits
- You don’t have other conditions that could have caused your excess weight
- You’ve only seen short-term success with other serious weight loss attempts
Trust the Long Island Laparoscopic Difference
If this sounds like you, then the next step towards improving your life is to contact Long Island Laparoscopic Doctors for an initial consultation. We’ll learn about your current condition, medical history, and weight loss goals and give you more information about the different surgeries as well as non-surgical options. Together, we’ll be able to determine what your best option for weight loss is.
Are you ready to start your journey with the top weight loss surgeons Stony Brook, NY has to offer? Contact Long Island Laparoscopic Doctors today and we’ll help you take your first steps.