Why is Processed Food Bad for Your Health
Posted: October 27th, 2020
- World Health Organization. “Food Additives.” Food additives-World Health Organization, 30 4 2020
- Harvard T.H. CHAN School of Public Health.” The Nutrition Source Processed Foods and Health.” 2 April, 2020.
- Cannon, Geoffrey. “NOVA. The star shines bright. Position paper 2.” net, Jan-March 2016.
- Nwosa, Nkem. “Can Ultra-Processed Foods Be Bad For Your Health?” obesitymedicine.org, 5 September 2019.
- Link, Rachael. “ 12 Common Food Additives-Should You Avoid Them?” healthline.com, 23 April 2018, www.healthline.com/nutrition/common-food-additives. Accessed April, 2020.
- Kuriyakose, Elwin. “Artificial sweeteners can cause health problems too!!”. 4 January 2019.
- How Nitrates and Nitrites Effect Our Bodies. May 13, 2020. livestrong.com/article/509298-how-nitrites-effect-our-bodies.
|ABOUT THE AUTHOR Leslie Welsch, MS, RD, CDE, CDN has over 15 years of private practice experience, she has joined Dr. Atwa at Long Island Laparoscopic practicing bariatric nutrition as well as regular medical nutrition therapy. While Leslie takes a research-based approach to her clients’ health and well-being, emotional and motivational support are essential to her practice.|